Monday, May 12, 2008

Awakening to Our Full Potential

Today we live in times of economic worry, environmental destruction and many natural disasters. However, as Gary Zukav writes in “Soul to Soul,” on page 179 under the heading, WHY STRIVE FOR SPIRITUAL GROWTH IF THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END?

No one’s destiny has been written. You are born with potential, not a limited destiny. Whether or not you reach the fullest potential that is available to you is a matter of choices that you make.

I challenge you to the question of your potential choices. I ask myself the same question. How can I best achieve my full potential? This journey begins for me by quieting my mind and listening to my heart.

For me giving my best to the world is a gift that is return in what I call “Happy Returns.” I have been involved with all aspects of recycling so naturally I refer to the three R’s for guidance.

1) Reduce my suffering by giving my best to the world so to reap its rewards.
2) Reuse my many positive qualities I possess such as joy, love and enthusiasm.
3) Recycle things as sacred instead of abuse these same things by being mindless.

Happy Returns is about creating an attitude of gratitude. Also it aids me to explore more creative ways to cherish people, energy and resources. To reach my full potential I must cultivate my virtue, time and or my talents. I intend get more than just the return on my investment but the return of my life investment.

As a life long tennis player and teacher I focus on giving “happy returns” both on and off the courts. There are many similarities to playing tennis and serving our beloved earth. One is keeping things in play. Another is to learn how to better serve. The ultimate game in my life now is living to my full potential or giving my best in all aspects of my life.

I invite you to give back to life and celebrate your many Happy Returns! Nurture your full potential. Reduce your suffering; reuse your love and joy; and recycle so to best use not abuse things as sacred. Let's develop our full potential by serving and benefiting life now.

I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. - Albert Schweitzer

No comments: