Monday, May 12, 2008

Cherishing My Spirit

Whenever I pay attention deeply to my soul I feel a profound sense of beauty. Nothing is more priceless when I pay attention to my heart at its deepest beat. Beyond the sound of this pulsating I hear faint things. When I change my focus and hear my intuition speaking then I welcome my spirit.

What an invaluable thing our soul is. Also how easily we ignore it, become preoccupied or too busy to cultivate another level of our existence. My life becomes better aligned when I listen to my spirit.

This process introduces me not to just my spirit but to the great spirits within and without this world. This last statement can challenge the comfort zone of you the reader to say what? Many people lack to courage to be vulnerable so to tune themselves to the non-ordinary and venture in this unknown.

Is not your life a mystery? If you think let’s be rational then you are missing the whole point. The spiritual world is just that the world of spirits. Such instructions, signs, messages, teaching or whatever form spirit communicates is goes back to very beginning.

From our rich past we have developed an understanding ancestral traditions from earth-based societies. Venturing and experiencing some of these rituals can help us reconnect to earth in an intimate and healing way.

Another rich spiritual exercise is when I become more aware of my words. Before the white man natives on this land spoke in a manner that their words had greater meaning. Besides their greater sense of the interconnectiveness of things, indigenous people’ word had a greater sense of value. A friend of mine calls this credibility when the word was honored as something sacred. For me this skill creates a powerful and transformative shift in my world. For me this act is a soul awakening.

No word exists in the hundreds of Native American languages that come close to our definition of art. There is no separation between art and life. Art. Beauty and spirituality are firmly intertwined in life since there are no words to separate them.

What this calls for me is a profound listening to what the soul sincerely needs, the sacred connection of what is true. Just as indigenous people understood we must taking off the societal mask and unveil what false identity we have created. Once we discover our authentic being we find the courage to get out of our habitual roles and the comfort of the familiar. Beyond what our cultural and family conditions are a new freedom may be found.

When we shift this identity we welcome the “we” from the ego self from seeking acceptance and approval to a greater understanding of what we were pretending or hiding from at some unconscious level. Great determination is required to make such a transition since in my own experience I become very vulnerable. Like-minded supportive friends are required for such a transformative journey to this higher self so to enable this spiritual exploration.

Remembering to have courage and trust is critical for me in this loving-friendly adventure. Yes, taking this risk has bountiful rewards. Cherishing my soul is one my precious gifts to fill my life with light.

If you desire the self, get out of the self.
Leave the shallow stream behind and flow into the river deep and wide.
Do not be the ox pulling the wheel of the plow,

Turn with the stars that wheel about you- Rumi

No comments: