Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Heart Path

What is a wise way to live?  Giving my best and being of service is what comes up for me. However, many old patterns and current anxieties can distract me from honoring this path.  I need to remember that causing no harm also extends to radical self-care.  I can make a decision that serves the greater good while advancing my own well-being.  My best choices are about micro managing my own actions, within my circle of influence.  Taking care of my personal matters allows me to focus on giving my best to the world.

This allows me to help others while also getting my individual needs met through skillful planning.  However, doing this requires care and a wise understanding of the consequences of my or others' action.

It is easy to get diverted.  A situation may arise were a person portrays their victim story.  I have a choice; I can either sit there and give my freedom away, interacting with this person, or I can graciously take my leave in a kind way.  It is critical to remember that only I have the ability to decide whether to lessen my anxiety or add to it.  I call this the micro-game or eye of the hurricane practice. I can either keep an inner calm or get pulled into the wild winds of outside phenomena.  Leading by example requires me to fully listen and concentrate upon what has heart and purposefulness.

No comments: