Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Wise Laughter: Consciousness Change

Wise laughter gives me greater light.  More light makes me more enlightened in this quite heavy world of trying to find meaning.  My experiences around my health, happiness, joy, and contentment always comes to a crossroad - one that leads up and the other down. The one going down is my rational, cynical “what is not”, where reality is about old age, sickness, death and other fun stuff.  My other is about being light hearted.  Wise use of humor gives me an upward feeling of well- being.

Expanding instead of contracting, including not isolating, being kind instead of mean work better for me. Humor is about accenting my virtues, gratitude, kindness, enthusiasm and forgiving my shortcomings, greed, desire and selfishness.  There are two bizarre ways of going eclectic or pragmatic.  I can allow my perspective to be either well or ill?  While I can see bad in good and good in bad what does this do to change my consciousness? However, a better question is do I wish to be ill or well?
 


Ill thinking comes from anxiety, distress and other roots of mental illness. This leads people into dis-functional, ineffective, and unhappy emotional states.  However, I can learn from this bad experience if I can see the humor in it.  Reframing these negative judgments into a more humorous observing I become creative. Pursuing higher consciousness of what is really true or happening, I can better see what is helpful instead of what is causing me more harm.  A lot of my problems come when I unknowingly project my negative crap on others.  My pointing hand has one finger pointing to someone else and three finger point back at me.  

Everything comes down to this humorous reframe of higher consciousness, instead of closing the door by practicing more harmful behavior I can open my windows of imagination and apply more wholesome conscious ways of being of help not hurt.

Please explore your realms of consciousness to see what works better for you. Light or heavy? Light or dark?  What gives you a better experience of life, reality and purpose? 

Let’s adopt Rabbi Howard L Apothaker’s A- Z  alphabet with a sense of humor.  From AWE – Awaken With Exercise, precede more with Zealous wise comedy. Drop the walls of down of ill suffering and now use this new drawbridge to wellness.  Adjust, alter, amend, modify, change, correct, revise or reword your mindset or state of mind and see what happens for the better.

Explore the A-Z and what conscious words best resonates * 

From animosity to affability,
From bigotry to blessing.
From cruelty to caring.
From deception to devotion.
From enmity to engagement,
From faultfinding to forgiveness,
From greed to generosity,
From hostility to heartfulness,
From injustice to integrity,
From jingoism to judiciousness,
From Klanishness to kindness,
From lewdness to love,
From maliciousness to mercy,
From nastiness to niceness,
From obstinancy to openmindedness,
From prejudice to peacefulness,
From querulousness to quietude,
From ridicule to respect,
From selfishness to sacrifice,
From trash-talk to tact,
From violence to values,
From warfare to welcoming,
From xenophobia to examination of self,
From yelling insults to yielding ground,
From zero-sum to a zeal for cooperation.

Rabbi Howard L Apothaker, "An Acrostic 'Days of Awe' Prayer"




-------------------------

No comments: