Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Whole Heart

Recently I just viewed Brené Brown’s inspiring talk (http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html)

She talks one of our greatest needs, the human inner-connection.  How we long to better belong and empathize is the source of our very loving nature.  Ms. Brown’s entertaining talk shares both her social and personal research, regarding her insights of compassion and other diverse human emotions.  By exploring vulnerability, she taps into the great mystery of exploring human emotional intelligence.

Ms. Brown’s shares a wisdom that resonates with my own personal experiences of shame, breakdowns and shortcomings.  When I get lost in my old stories, and inner drama I feel lonely and isolated. However, my quest to cultivate greater self-love and truth also reveals my passion for greater connection.  Simply my shadows and faults are basically the same as everyone else.  It is tough for me to lessen my left (inner critical) brain from not get so identified by this profound insight.  However my brain becomes right if I make it right by shifting to a from my overly critical left brain.

Today I just did a two day retreat at my home enjoying the full moon, three circling hawks and the beautiful cliff and rocks of my national forest backyard.  Being in this setting allowed me to fully celebrate my right brain by listening to the wonder of silence I was able to trust creative possibility.   I aligned myself to a vision of pure light of still water; everything became transformed; and all is connected, loved and alright.

My courage or “whole hearted” action comes from this genuine need to see what is true and of value.  Humus heart or, is how I rejoice to new peace and unity when I drop the h from “heart” and place at the end to spell “earth.”

First, I am filled with thanks for what I have and to deeply listen and follow what my heart advises.  Second, through my experience I trust in my intuition and wisdom to widened my “inter”, “inner” and “outer” connections.   Finally, I humbly celebrate my triumphs and lessen my disasters since this leads me to being of greater service.

Shifting from cynical to optimal, I observe from my interactions with people, places and things.  Also this is act of remembering is the most important thing- I am loved. Then, kindness prevails from meanness, acceptance overcomes resistance and that concentration succeeds rather than distraction.  Life is very complicated with no quick fixes, or secret formulas. My greater awakening comes from my observing the cause and effects of my actions, others and nature. 

My refuge comes when I make my dreams happen and it’s my choice.  Since change, adversity and flux is a given, my humor allows me to better deal with the moment to moment mysterious experiences.   When I can remember to be more unconditional and let go then I become free to enjoy my mistakes and my humanness.   Once I liberated myself from my rationalizations I can venture into the larger truths of my circumstances.  

This is the shift from left to right brain by seeking wisdom and become ardent to this insight. Again it comes down my memory to recall what has whole hearted meaning.   Such remembrance is that I am loved; here now; all is well; and yes all things are related.  This lessens my primal fears and when I and thus allows me to minimize the effect of my darkest emotions. 

Finally, when my individual self dissolves then my deep love expands and I experience something beyond words.  Only poets can best describe this oneness, and unity allowing me infinite new possibilities of my whole heart-ness.  We are loved: connected; and all is alright since the heart is whole. 

No comments: