Saturday, October 19, 2013

Creating Greater Heart Space

When I remember to act more friendly and loving-kind I deeply enrich my present experience.  Also this increases my compassion and gratitude to best show up to bring greater joy to my world.  Giving a thankful attitudemay I be filled with peace, joy or love.” I  help myself, loved ones, and all things with a spirit of light.  The more I can offer the following prayers “may I be happy, free and relaxed” the greater my heart expands. Offering any expression of loving presence helps me feel less separate or afraid.

When I adopt this mind-set of friendliness based on benefiting the greater good I reinforce an inner positive feedback loop. Cultivating this warm hearted feeling of fellowship, empathy and compassion I overcome my negative mind states. This liberates me with a all-embracing friendliness of unconditional love for all things. Also I heal a dark part of me that feels isolated and disconnected.

Treating all beings with this sacred attention activates my greater and highest self.  Bringing attention to this intention I find it benefits me, others and my environment.  Such loving kindness enhances my greater welfare since we are all interconnected to all things bringing us abundant, deep and intense peace and happiness.

This shift elevating my consciousness gives me from me greater possibilities and insight. Remembering to practice this in my daily meditation allows me to develop this greater heart space where profound wisdom emerges.  This practice of greeting things as part of my greater self with universal love heals both me and others.  Creating a greater heart spaces gives me joy, peace and greater freedom. Instead of being a victim I transform my curses with an appreciative light of  awareness.  May I and we enjoy the benefits to waking up to simple joys of the here and now. 

Adapted from Buddha's Words on Kindness (Metta Sutta)*

May all beings be at ease.
Whatever living beings there may be;

Those living near and far away,
Those born and to-be-born,
May all beings be at ease!

Let none deceive another,
Or despise any being in any state.
Let none through anger or ill-will
Wish harm upon another.
Even as a mother protects with her life
Her child, her only child,
So with a boundless heart
Should one cherish all things:
Radiating kindness over the entire world,
Freed from hatred and ill-will.

No comments: