Saturday, August 20, 2011

Taking the Greatest Care



Our deepest fear is that we not inadequate. Our deepest fear is we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.
- Marrianne Williamson.

My greatest life challenge is to how to see things as they are so to best take care of myself. There are so many ways I take care of others while I may neglect my very self. Also if I become too excessive and selfish then I become isolated and alone. My freedom is based on more heartfelt to self caring and so I can best be service. The question arises is how to a best balance these two differing scales of being kind to others while also being kind to me?

Understanding how I can best show up versus checking out is what my freedom requires. To fully expand my heart is in question.

My life consists of many patterns and habits. One pattern is I give to much away since I have a worthiness issues. Also I can easily spiral downward when I do not create good boundaries. My inner critic becomes amplified and my shortcomings become I have the opportunity to change my perspective or foster a new attitude. ..

What an invaluable exercise when I get beyond the story of the self. However it is not easy to ignore it, become preoccupied or too busy to cultivate another. My life becomes better aligned when I get out of the deprecating self to a more caring one.

How can I can overcome what I think my sense of the unacceptable allowing me to become more free? To venture in those difficult places can liberate me from the ghosts that haunt me from my past blunders. If I practice forgiveness we gain stimulate increased happiness.

When I remember of my habit of not self caring that I can lessen my suffering. Also this challenges me to embrace the mystery and accept what is happening. What this calls for me is a profound listening to what is true. When I reconnect with my authentic being I find the courage to get out of my habitual roles and the comfort of the familiar. When I shift my “I” identity to welcome the “we” from the ego self I change my own experience.

Remembering to have courage and trust is critical for me in this loving-friendly adventure to see how I can face myself doubt. What patterns can I change and which ones do I accept? Where is the wisdom for this change? Finding support to accept what is and change what I can has bountiful rewards.

By cultivating a greater compassion I can show up and accept thus empowering me to overcome my self-destructive patterns. When I awakened to free myself from my taking care of everyone instead of myself I cultivate the most inclusive and holistic love.

As I increase my self compassion I also increase my courage to act with greater kindness, love and wisdom. Self care takes care so that we can act with the greater reverence in all our life experiences.

So why is caring for the divine self so challenging? It takes self care to fully behold this precious world!


No comments: