Saturday, December 12, 2009

Green Spirit in Bethesda

Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue, Bethesda (meaning House of Mercy), having five porches.

In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, wating for the moving of the water.

For an angel went down: at a certain season into a pool; whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsover disease he had
.

St John V

For over thirty years I have cultivated a green spirit and been blessed by the "happy returns" from my endeavaors. I have recycled many tons of newspapers, bottles, cans and many other types of secondary materials. I found that our watersheds were filled with used motor oil and championed programs to lessen these drainings. There have been numerous other "green" experiences where I have shown my reverence for this place on this earth. From this experience I have so benefited. So below are some guiding principles I devote myself to;

Cultivating a Bethesda Spirit I declare my interdependence. I work, play and celebrate being green and wish to further serve my community.

- To be able to respond or be responsible, let’s act as ambassadors where our words are translated into transforming deeds. MODEL
- To work cooperatively, joining people of all walks with, enthusiasm, compassion and empathy. ENGAGE
- To advance, let’s see our differences as strength and foster personal and group growth. PROPSPER
- To respect ourselves, and our neighbors by fostering relationships that are friendly, trusting and empowering. RESPECT
- To sustain, let’s celebrate with positive feedback, and to show my appreciation. SUSTAIN.

1) I PLAY a PART IN GREENING a GREATER WHOLE - When I add to “triple bottom line” I act to build community.
2) MY GAME PLAN - To ingeniously transform waste into well being, positively encourage and have fun as broad reaching as possible.
3) WHAT I KNOW? - Information is tool, both giving it and receiving it. Mindful speech and listening result in better feedback and communication. Also knowledge of my actions helps me better learn the importance of personal CHOICE and behavior change.
4) INCREASE WELL BEING - When I get more involved then I work as others to stimulate participation and a sense of cooperation Just being kind to people I come in contact with is one example.

May I foster positive green actions that conserve resources, preserve the environment, and better people’s lives. May I explore the vast green creative and artistic ways I can transform our my home and community so benefit from the "happy returns" of my actions.

No comments: